Groningen is an appealing city and many visitors find their way there for work, shopping, visiting a museum or to go out. Parking space is important in any of the above cases: commuter traffic at the P+R grounds, visitors in the car parks and parking in the street for a short visit. And with 23,000 parking places, there is room for everyone.
Car parks and Park & Ride
Signs along the entry routes to the inner city direct you to the nearest car park or P+R. Electronic vol/vrij (full/spaces free) signs indicate the best route to follow.
The P+R bus will take you to the city and back in comfort. Extremely convenient for commuters, but also for a day’s shopping. You can park for free on all sites, except for P+R Euroborg/P3; you pay € 6 for a return trip, on the same day, for a ticket valid for a maximum of 5 people. On P+R Euroborg/P3 you pay for parking, but you receive a discount worth 24 hours on the applicable rate.
For more information and terms and conditions, please read the information on the P+R site. Please visit the website of Qbuzz for current bus times, rates and season tickets or call 0900-728 99 65.
- Inside the city centre ring of canals: Parkingfee € 2,60 per hour (max. 30 - 60 minutes). Paid parking applies in the inner city from Monday to Wednesday from 09.00 to 22.00 and from Thursday to Saturday from 09.00 to midnight and on Sundays and official holidays from 12.00 to 17.00
- Districts around the centre:
In Hortusbuurt and Binnenstad-Oost the fee is € 2.40 per hour and paid parking applies from Monday to Saturday from 09.00 to 22.00 and on Sundays and official holidays from 12.00 to 17.00.
In the districts Meeuwen/Oosterpoort and Kop van Oost the fee is € 1.90 per hour and paid parking applies from Monday to Saturday from 09.00 to 22.00, in the district De Linie from Monday to Sunday from 09.00 to 22.00
In Noorderplantsoenbuurt from Monday to Friday from 08.00 to 22.00 and on Saturday from 08.00 to 18.00.
- PIn the remainder of outskirts, the fee is € 1,90 per hour (max. 2 hours). Paid parking applies from Monday to Saturday from 09.00 to 18.00 and on Thursday from 09.00 to 21.00.
- You can only pay with bank cards with V-Pay or Maestro-Logo, Visa and Mastercard.
Streetparking is free of charge on Easter Sunday, Whit Sunday and Christmas Day.
Parking for disabled people
In Groningen, the following rules apply to holders of a disabled parking badge:
- You can park in all public car parks and general disabled parking spaces (without time limits) by using your disabled parking badge. You do not need a parking disc. However, you do need to comply with the parking time limits that apply in the area where you park.
- If you park in a general disabled parking space and the sign gives the maximum permitted parking time, use your disabled parking badge and your parking disc. If there is no sign with a time limit, you don’t have to use a parking disc.
- If you park in a normal parking space, you only need to use your disabled parking badge and not a parking disc. If you park in the blue zone (parking-disc zone), you do need to use your parking disc. This zone has an E10 traffic sign that gives the maximum parking time.
- You can park for three hours outside spaces in a low-traffic residential area, in places with a parking prohibition and along a yellow dotted line, by using your disabled parking badge and aparking disc.